The mission of Wekiva River Players is to provide the community with theatrical entertainment, to provide the residents of the area with opportunities to participate in theatrical productions and to encourage the education, growth, development and interest in theater through support of the performing arts.
In pursuit of our mission, Wekiva River Players continuously recognizes and adheres to the values described below:
- Community - WRP both serves and supports the performing arts interests of its community, which is Central Florida in general, and Seminole County in particular.
- Service - WRP provides opportunities and support to other charitable organizations within its community. Although WRP is a charitable organization itself, WRP provides charities an opportunity to promote themselves in conjunction with WRP productions and may elect to donate a portion of WRP proceeds to the charities.
- Diversity - Membership in the Wekiva River Players is open to all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or handicap.
- Volunteerism - WRP survives on the skills and dedication of volunteers. In many cases, WRP encourages volunteer support over paid positions.
- Quality - WRP productions and education services are to be of the highest quality commensurate with the skills of its volunteers and needs of its audience and members.
- Respect - WRP recognizes the importance of the skills of its members and volunteers and the efforts they put forth to benefit the organization.
- Security - WRP values the safety of its members and participants and attempts to provide an environment that is safe, free from harassment and a secure environment for children.